Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Greeting Cards

A card I made for Mother's Day 2014

One of my favorite pastimes is making greeting cards. The 3d decoupage being my favorite. It involves finding an image and printing it out 3-4 times. Then I use one of the images for the base, and then cut what parts I want to enhance on the card and build up. Sometimes when I am done, I will brush on a layer of Liquid Laminate just to make the image brighter than the rest of the card. The more detail I cut out to use is a plus for me because I love a challenge!
Embellishments could include a pretty ribbon, some gems, pearls, or peel off stickers for borders.There are also metallic gold, silver etc sentiments. For example: Happy Birthday, Get Well, Congratulations, Sympathy and the list goes on. If you haven't ever made your own greeting cards, you should give it a try. You might get hooked like I did! Until next time, Stay Creative!
3d Card I did. Love the birds!
May 2014
Cap & Gown Graduation Card for my Grandson
2014